On one of my recent visits to Holiday Inn Mumbai, I attended the Awadhi food festival at the hotel’s in-house restaurant known as, ‘Saptami’. Along with the choicest of ingredients and preparations, the Awadhi food indeed tickled our taste buds.
While at it, I was honored to meet Chef Arif Qureshi who belongs to the famous Qureshi clan from Lucknow. Chef Qureshi performed a live master-class and taught us a couple of famous Awadhi inspired preparations. Thereby, I took notes from his master-class and developed the Murgh Kali Mirch recipe further with the slightest of modifications.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Add water to a large vessel. Add 1 tbsp each of Salt and Ginger-garlic paste. Let it boil.
- Once the water has reached boiling point, add 500 grams pre-cut Chicken in the vessel. Let it boil until the Chicken pieces are cooked. The texture of Chicken should be soft and tender.
- In another non-stick pan add 2 tbsp Butter, 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste and Green Chilli paste. Saute it for 2-3 minutes, then add Milk.
- Let the Milk boil on a medium to slow heat, and keep stirring it continuously.
- Add more Butter depending on the consistency of gravy, and keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle Cashew Powder and mix it evenly.
- Add Black Pepper Powder and Dry Fenugreek leaves. Stir until properly mixed.
- Add the Boiled Chicken pieces to the gravy and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle Salt as per taste and thickness of the gravy. Let it reduce on slow heat, depending on desired consistency of the gravy.
- Switch off flame once done, and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Join the discussion
Thanks For Sharing this Amazing Recipe. My Family Loved It. I will be sharing this Recipe with my Friends. Hope They will like it.