Hey everyone! It’s summer time, and it becomes difficult for your body to digest heavy meals.
In this scorching heat, why not opt for light snacks over fried food?
So I’m going to post a recipe today which is hassle-free and takes less time to prepare!
NOTE: This recipe can be turned to pure veg, if the chicken pieces are subtracted from it.
Directions0/0 steps made
- Chop the Red, Yellow and Green Bell Pepper into long and thin slices.
- Wash the Lettuce leaves thoroughly, and shred them into medium pieces.
- Take a non stick skillet and heat olive oil in it.
- Add the three kinds of bell peppers to it, saute for 1 minute and keep them aside.
- Saute the Red Cabbage and spring onions for 1 minute each.
- In a large bowl, mix all the sauted veggies and sprinkle a teaspoon of Olive Oil to them.
- Sprinkle Oregano and Chilli flakes, as desired.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl. (Skip this step if you are making a veg salad)
- Add the Lettuce leaves too.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to this mixture and stir well.
- Add 1 spoon Schezwan Chutney and Green Chilli Sauce.
- Mix these ingredients well to ensure they are properly coated in the sauces.
- Finally add 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt, only if required.
- Garnish with Spring Onion Leaves and Coriander Leaves.
- You can either serve the salad at room temperature or refrigerate it and serve cold..
Serving suggestions: This salad can be served as a starter, or can even be eaten as a light meal or an evening snack.